Dynamic and highly self-motivated
doctoral level professional with distinguished clinical and academic 20-year
career, and outstanding interpersonal communication, persuasion, and superior
management skills. Uniquely qualified in intuitive market forecasting,
critical-thinking, and human behavior analysis. Extensive and multifaceted
entrepreneurial experience in startup and turnaround ventures in nonprofit and
private sectors. Exceptional, proven track record from design to delivery.
- Exceeds at startup and turn around endeavors
- Exceptionally skilled in intuitive and relational marketing
- Acknowledged specialist in holistic healthcare, and behavioral
- Proven track record in private and nonprofit sectors
- Uniquely qualified to both create and close
1998: (to present) Wellness First Enterprises: Owner.
Successful start up business breaking into new market in sales and marketing of
innovative healthcare products, cutting edge technology from Japan.
- Doubled sales force in first year
- Tripled sales in second year
- "21 Club" Sales recognition award
1995: Three years National Coordinator of Psychological
Services, Center for Special Immunology (5 stand alone, outpatient medical
clinics). Promoted to National Director position to create business plan and
go-to-market strategy for holistic, outpatient medical practices, specializing
in immune disorders. Conducted quantitative market analyses, financial analysis
and projection, designed/managed AR and MIS operations for psychological
services, facilitated coordination of corporate AR and treatments sites,
designed systems for psych billings and collections at treatment sites, ground
zero PR, marketing, and systems development, directly supervised 5
- Collections increased by 38% in first year
- Designed/implemented "Centers of Excellence" policy and
- Designed/implemented patient satisfaction and QOL components
- Spearheaded development of turnkey operation for market
- Key player in acquisition of exclusive capitated care programs
with 6 major health insurance carriers
- Attracted national and international media attention for
1992: Two year consultant to HIV: Women's Voices Program,
Laguna Beach, CA.
Hired to turn around failing specialized community
education program. Attained nonprofit status, designed, developed, and
delivered unique behavioral intervention component resulting in program success
based on external audits and satisfaction surveys.
- Tripled grant monies obtained in first year
- Reduced administrative costs by 20%
- Increase client program utilization by 200%
- Doubled program offerings to clients
- Generated research data identifying unique needs of population
- Attracted national media attention
1991: (to present) Director of Psychological Services, Orange
County Center for Special Immunology, Fountain Valley, CA.
psychological component to multidisciplinary outpatient medical practice,
developing state-of-the-art behavioral medicine program and marketing of
services to general community as well as specialized populations.
- In 5 years, medical patient utilization of psychological
services jumped from 3% to 87%
- Revenues increased 500% in 3 years
- Designed and developed nationally recognized medication
- Designed and developed successful partnering of private sector
and nonprofit education/service providers to elevate healthcare standards and
1981: (to present) 20 year, thriving private practice in highly
competitive, saturated area.
Short and long-term dynamic and cognitive
behavioral therapy with adults and children. Marital/family therapy,
psychological testing. Treating a variety of disorders: stress management;
depression; substance abuse; personality disorders; gender identity issues,
adjustment to medical conditions, memory enhancement, behavioral medicine,
sports and business performance enhancement, practice building consultation,
- Consistently in top 5% earning bracket of field
- Successfully maintained 15 year relationship with major
psychotherapy reimbursement providers
- Nationally recognized lecturer in the areas of: psychosocial
aspects of medical illness, medication adherence enhancement, and
medical-psychological practice building.
Home | Bio |
firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or
2002, Karen Jones